28 September 2010

There's dog sh*t..and then, there's Alan Grayson

I've been advised that now, as responsible member of the white-collar crowd, I should abandon the "roughneck language and coarseness."  So, I'm going to give it shot...right after I get done talking about what an absolute piece of shit Florida Congressman Alan Grayson is.
Official House of
Representatives Photo

Before I set about calling Mr. Grayson a bunch of low-brow names, I'm going to say this about the guy--he apparently didn't come from a whole lot, but managed to get in to Harvard and work his way through.  And not "working" as you'd imagine an Ivy Leaguer working, but pretty much mopping floors and doing thankless things.  He then proceeded to build a successful law career and start a telecom company which is the large part of his personal wealth.  Kudos for work ethic and making your own way in the world (it used to be referred to as "the American dream," but that's apparently politically incorrect now, as it's offensive to those with lead in their asses).

While I find Grayson's political positions disagreeable, in toto, his latest action is completely, totally and ABSOLUTELY one of the scummiest displays in the history of American politics.  Being a rather astute observer of politics, in general, and Louisiana politics in particular--and doing my best to educate myself on the history of both--there's been some completely low-ball sliminess to be had, especially when it comes to Louisiana.  But Grayson, of Florida, has sunk politics to a new low.

I know zero about his Republican opponent, Daniel Webster (who's parents were either too literate for their own good, or completely lacking creativity in the baby nomenclature department) aside from the fact that he gave a speech to a group of born-again Christians sometime in 2009.  I heard the whole speech (admittedly, on Sean Hannity--throw up in your mouth TV) and I thought it was kind of humble, low-key and reflective--this Webster fellow probably does make it to church every Sunday.  He probably is also pretty genuine in his devotion to his religion.  Good for him--his brand of religion doesn't suit me all that well, but I can respect him having a position and sticking by it.

Then, there's the new ad from shitbag Grayson's re-election campaign:

I posted the ad here, because most will probably watch the embedded version of it and think "wow--really?"  But, now you've seen the Grayson piece...scroll back up and click the link to the video of the Webster speech and watch it.  After seeing what the Grayson campaign did--and mind you, they didn't simply take words out of context--they ACTIVELY edited what Webster said to make this ad.  Now, if you're not saying "wow--really?" and thinking that Alan Grayson, his entire campaign staff, his whole family and everyone in Florida who voted for him are complete pieces of shit--you absolutely have NO sense of what's right and what's wrong.

Grayson, his campaign, his staff and anyone who thinks that this is okay--well, in my book, y'all are all douches.  And, while he has too much money to just wish away--an end to his political career isn't going to be the demise of Alan Grayson--we can all just wish that he gets a really big hemorrhoid, that doctors can't remove, for one reason or another--and spends the rest of his days being uncomfortable when he sits down.

Now...one more time before I have to shelve the language and behave like a good, white-collar, mid-career professional: Alan Grayson = dog shit.

1 comment:

  1. Not sure how I ran onto your blog, but agreed, Mr. Grayson seems about as clueless as does his far too rehearsed speech that was embedded on this same link as well. I do however think Mr. Webster appears to NOT have all the Taliban ties he is being accused of having. (Just a guess)

    To this I say, WAY TO GO for seeing past the slime ball rhetoric nonsense.

    As for Mr. Webster's name, we do not get to pick ours, ideally our parents have better fortitude than to name us with such nomenclature style. Being a man from the South, I am sure you see far too much of this no matter.

    ReplyDelete